Delta Airlines and United Airlines updated their respective policies for Basic Economy fares providing travelers some additional flexibility through year-end 2021.
Basic Economy travel changes are permitted with no change fees through December 31, 2021.
Basic Economy fares are not eligible for refunds or upgrades at any time.
Changes are allowed for Basic Economy tickets with the following parameters:
- Issued/reissued May 1 – December 31, 2021.
- With original travel dates May 1 – December 31, 2021.
- Whether wholly unused or partially used.
- Change or cancel must be completed by December 31, 2021
- Travel can be rebooked to any travel date within the validity of the ticket.