United and Delta have announced plans to extend status benefits to those currently holding preferred mileage status with either/both airlines as a result of the impact COVID-19 is having on the ability to travel. The key takeaways to each airline include the following:
- Current 2020 Premier status extended to January 31, 2022.
- At a minimum, status holders will enjoy the same published status next year that they have today, up to Premier 1K®.
- All annual membership and subscription benefits are extended by six months which include United Club℠ memberships and purchased subscriptions for Economy Plus®, United Wi-Fi℠ and checked bags.
- All Medallion Status for 2020 will be automatically extended for the 2021 Medallion Year.
- All Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) from 2020 are being rolled over to 2021 to qualify for 2022 Medallion Status.
- Delta Sky Club Individual and Executive memberships with an expiration of March 1, 2020, or later will receive six additional months of Delta Sky Club access beyond their expiration date.