In a letter to SkyMiles Members sent Tuesday, July 27th, Delta announced that all SkyMiles Medallion Members will be able to enjoy their Status through January 31, 2023. According to the Delta News Hub, the below updates will happen automatically, with no action needed by the customer:
- Medallion Status for 2021 will be automatically extended for the 2022 Medallion Year.
- All Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) will roll over to 2022 to qualify for 2023 Medallion Status – for the second year in a row.
- All Members will continue to earn toward Status on Award Travel through Dec. 31, 2022 – extended an extra year.
- All Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates will be extended for travel through Jan. 31, 2023.
- Members who earn Status in 2021 will receive additional benefits, as a special thank-you for their continued flight activity: Starting Feb. 1, 2022, those who earned 2022 Status will clear for Complimentary Upgrades ahead of those at the same tier level whose Status was automatically extended, and Platinum and Diamond Medallion Members who have earned Status will be able to select Choice Benefits.
- All current Delta 360 Members will be able to enjoy their exclusive Membership in the annual, invite-only program for an additional year through Jan. 31, 2023. All Delta 360 Members will be able to select Diamond Choice Benefits.
Delta and Amex are also extending the following Card benefits through Jan. 31, 2023. Delta shared these extensions will happen automatically over the coming weeks, with no action needed from customers.
- Delta SkyMiles Gold Card Members who earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit between Jan. 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2021, will have the expiration date extended to Jan. 31, 2023.
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Reserve Card Members with unused Companion Certificates as of July 31, 2021, or Companion Certificates issued between Aug. 1, 2021, and Dec. 31, 2021, will have the expiration date extended to book and fly by Jan. 31, 2023.
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve Card Members with Delta Sky Club One-Time Guest Passes issued between Jan. 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2021, will have the expiration dates extended to Jan. 31, 2023.